Thursday 10 July 2008

NEWS: My Morning Jacket Begin Writing New Album

Reverb royalty My Morning Jacket have already put their creative caps on and begun work on their next album.

It was only last month when the band’s latest LP, Evil Urges, was released, but frontman Jim James today gave details of plans afoot for the next full-length release.

Talking to BBC 6 Music James said: “I’m already writing songs for the new record and stuff. The process is weird because whenever we make a record, the songs come from one or two years of life that you’ve lived.

"Then by the time you get to make that record you’re in that zone but when it comes out, it’s a year or two later. So, for me personally, I’m working on the next thing."

Despite all the media love for ‘Evil Urges’ the guitarist has said that he’s tried to avoid reading the reviews.

“I guess as a band you try to not hear too much of what people say because it feels good when somebody says something good but it feels bad when someone says something bad.”

“We’ve had a lot of people say some nice things about it and some that haven’t liked it so I feel like we’re always kinda in the middle. But we’re really happy with it.”

Watch the video to ‘I’m Amazed’ from Evil Urges below:

This news story can be found on the Quietus with other pieces by Dean Samways.

Words: Dean Samways

Image: the Quietus

No comments: